The complete program is delivered over three academic years using a blended learning approach and is awarded by the University of Chichester.
First year: OTHM Level 4 (120 credits)
Second year: OTHM Level 5 (120 credits)
Second year: BA (Hons) Business Management (120 credits)
The objective of the Program is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organizations. It is designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on people management, managing projects, marketing, finance for managers, business law, business ethics and social responsibility.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. In the first two years, successful completion of the Levels 4 and 5 Diplomas in Business Management qualification provides learners with the opportunity to progress to the 3rd year to complete their BA (Hons) Business Management (Top Up).
- managing business communication
- understanding the business environment and organizations in a global context
- business functions including people management
- quantitative methods in business
- finance for managers
- research and academic writing.
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over three academic years for full-time study through lectures, tutorials and seminars.
Mandatory units in Level 4 (in the 1st year)
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
Mandatory units in Level 5 (in the 2nd year)
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Project Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
- Accounting for Managers (20 credits)
- Business Law (20 credits)
- Business Ethics (20 credits)
Mandatory units in the 3rd year
- International Business (20 credits)
- Business Strategy (20 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (20 credits)
- Business Communications (20 credits)
- New Venture Management and Development (20 credits)
- Business and Management Research (20 credits)
Total in 3 years: 360 credits
- provide a coherent, broad based programme of study of business organisations and their management within the context of a changing external environment;
- develop self-aware, reflective students who take responsibility for their own learning and demonstrate a responsibility to fellow learners;
- develop a range of intellectual and practical skills that will enable graduates to add-value within the workplace;
- provide assessment and project-based tasks that allows students to apply knowledge and skills appropriately within an authentic context;
- provide the educational foundation that is relevant to further study and life-long learning;
- create a learning environment where professional standards are expected, but at the same time recognizes that learning is challenging, and appropriate support is provided both by staff and fellow learners for career development.
Assessment and verification
Successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for academic progressions to OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management.
All units within the 1st and 2nd year qualification are internally assessed by CCIS and externally verified by OTHM for Level 4 and 5. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
Progression to the BA (Hons) Business Management (Top Up)
Successful completion of Level 4 and Level 5 Diplomas in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for academic progressions to BA (Hons) in Business Management.
This qualification equips students with the expertise to understand the changing world of business on a national and global scale. Those who are successful in achieving this degree are highly sought after by employers for their in-depth knowledge of current business practice and for their ability to analyze business challenges and explore solutions.